Useful Top Bongo Tips!
- On four wheel drive models check your tyre sizes, they should be 195/70×15 on the front and 215/65×15 on the rear. If not then you could damage the front differential over time. Lots of Bongo’s have had alloy wheel fitted and quite often the same size tyres are fitted to all wheels!
- Four wheel drive Bongo’s can be converted to two wheel drive, should you have a transfer box or front differential fault we have carried this out many times.
- Always make sure your coolant level is topped up. Bongo’s don’t like being run dry of coolant! If you are having your Bongo serviced at a garage not used to them, ask them to carry out a cooling system test and check for small leaks. Prevention is better than cure!
- We get asked all the time if Bongo’s can be run on cooking oil or bio fuel. We can only say that it is likely to damage the fuel pump long term and advise strongly against it. We see many with leaking fuel pump seals, if this is you, fear not we can repair it!
- Bongo timing belts are recommended to be replaced at 60,000 miles or 5 years. We have replaced them on all models, 2.0 and 2.5 v6 petrol and of course the 2.5 diesel.
- Information is king with Bongo’s and Freda’s and there is lots around on the internet. Not all of it is correct though! We would suggest talking to us, or a specialist like us or join up with Bongo Fury. Here you will find lots of info and Ian is a top bloke!